Want to be a part of a radically EXCELLENT Paint Retailer? Join our amazing team where you are not only a part of a growing family-owned company but also a family! Arizona Paint Supply, Inc. family where everyone is equally important.
We are looking for a friendly, customer-oriented, and enthusiastic person to join Arizona Paint Supply, Inc. (a Benjamin Moore paint dealer) team as an Assistant Manager. As a company, we are dedicated to delivering an amazing shopping experience to every customer, every time. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility and a shared vision for providing incredible customer service, then Arizona Paint Supply wants you!
Assistant Managers assist the managers control the day-to-day operations of their store, including but not limited to the direction of store operations, finances, personnel management, budgeting, supply place, and generating new business. Our managers are ultimately responsible for achieving bottom line profit goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Store financials results and hitting quotas on all KPI’s.
· Drive Sales in all sales channels including but not limited to DIY, Business-to-business, non-retail income, services, and other key categories.
· Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
· Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
· Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
· Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines.
· Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the store.
· Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
· Suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer, assisting in completing their projects.
· Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive at work at the scheduled time.
· Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.
· Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
· Keeps up to date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
· Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
· Takes inventory counts according to guidelines and assists management with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and inventory parameter maintenance.
· Ensures proper store signage is always maintained.
6 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
6 paid Holidays
Monday to Friday
Weekend Saturday closed Sunday.
High school diploma or equivalent work experience
Effective financial planning and management skills
Strong leadership skills and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Excellent organization skills
Strong written and verbal skills
Must have reliable transportation
Must be willing to work in a team, as well as independently
Sense of urgency and follow through are essential
Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience
Individual will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
Walking: Frequent; Flat surfaces from point to point
Standing: Constant; All work performed on feet
Stooping: Frequent; To pick up cartons at floor level
Reaching: Frequent; To a height of 6 feet
Lifting: Frequent; Up to 60 lbs., up to a height of 4 feet (top of register); must be able to lift up to 25 pounds comfortably
Hand Dexterity: Frequent; Must be able to use at least one hand to operate register and complete paperwork
Pushing / Pulling: Frequent; Move hand jacks from place to place
Carrying; Frequent: Up to 50 lbs., up to 10 feet, occasionally more
Climbing: In-frequent; Stairs in storage rooms; ladders
Vision: Constant; Read labels, recognize boxes, safety in working
Hearing: Constant; Safety signals
$20-23 per hour
The content of this job description is subject to change without prior notice.